Please support VectorLinux!

Author Topic: VectorNoob but not a LinuxNoob :)  (Read 1981 times)

ElEdwards

VectorNoob but not a LinuxNoob :)
« on: September 25, 2008, 10:19:09 pm »
Hi:)  I'm 58, a career broadcast technician (mainly in graphics) and I love experimenting with Linuxand various distros.  Until tonight, I've been a Gnome/Ubuntu-derivative user....but nowI have VL5.9.1 installed and am impressed by its speed :)

I'm using a Compaq Presario 2170us with 512Mb, 40 GigHD and a Linksys WPC54G v7 PCMCIA card.

I'm dual-booting with XP, which is what I'm on right now because I have yet to get wireless networking to work in Vector.....but I'll post elsewhere about that because I have two other issues, as well.

....but I just wanted to say HI from OHIO :)

El

vector

• Administrator
  • Vectorite
Re: VectorNoob but not a LinuxNoob :)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 11:13:31 pm »
Welcome aboard...........just a quick note since I notice you are using 5.9.1........we made a boo boo and there is no ndiswrapper included with 5.9.1 so if you need that for wireless we have a package available in our repo to fix that. Other wise enjoy the great community here they are all anxious to help you get addicted to VL..........:)

Cheers,
Vec

ElEdwards

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 11:44:23 am »
Thank you, Vec :)

One quick question....since my Vector's wireless is not working yet, how can I get the package using XP?

Thanks!
El

bigpaws

• Vectorian

newt

• Vectorian
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 12:14:23 pm »
Thank you, Vec :)

One quick question....since my Vector's wireless is not working yet, how can I get the package using XP?

Thanks!
El

jerrybasham is having the same issue right now.  This thread may be worth following for assistance.
http://forum.vectorlinux.com/index.php?topic=7379.msg50624#msg50624