Please support VectorLinux!

Author Topic: dvi-d video card  (Read 5592 times)

overthere

• Vectorian
dvi-d video card
« on: October 01, 2008, 04:49:35 pm »
Confused at the moment
ok..my box has an 8x agp slot and uses ddr pc3200 ram

my monitor has a dvi-d connector dual link

my cable looks like dvi-d single link

I have no idea what video card to buy/aquire for xpsp2 or linux

the ram on the card should be ddr NOT ddr2?

all dvi outputs on card are dvi-i?

what cable is needed...single link or dual link..or no matter

does a dvi-d dual link card and cable exist

I am so confused and that's what was likely desired by industry
I have an old number nine sr9 but the driver is for 98..it would not work for me on vl-std..and no driver for xpsp2

any thoughts are appreciated...

edit...Ok I think the geforce 6200 oc is a good bet if I can find one..ddr agp dvd-i...

more...ok I found a e geforce 6200...will connect and boot and see if it works then try the other head...wonder if vector will run this box..it has an ide connection and I have a drive...maby I should stop typeing and just do that too..and remembering I have a blog may be good..well
cheers

edit: oh..well that was painless..and the vlstd live boots fine..I need a bigger thumb drive and some time.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 10:04:09 pm by overthere »
Everything Is Relative

aboniup75

dvi d video card
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 05:02:23 pm »
When I turn on my computer, it loads up windows xp, and right before the windows login screen comes up, my monitor stops getting a connection from my video card and i dont see shit. I can boot it in safe mode with networking fine.

So in safe mode i did a dxdiag to see what video card i had, thinking the drivers needed updating, and no video card registered Im pretty lost as far as what to try next.

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: dvi-d video card
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 06:02:04 pm »
@aboniup75: Since this is a Linux forum, our fix would probably be to install Vector Linux  ;D

For help with Windows, try going to the web site of the manufacturer of the computer, or some of the generic windows forums out there.