VectorLinux
September 02, 2014, 11:00:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: dvi-d video card  (Read 5353 times)
overthere
Vectorian

« on: October 01, 2008, 03:49:35 pm »

Confused at the moment
ok..my box has an 8x agp slot and uses ddr pc3200 ram

my monitor has a dvi-d connector dual link

my cable looks like dvi-d single link

I have no idea what video card to buy/aquire for xpsp2 or linux

the ram on the card should be ddr NOT ddr2?

all dvi outputs on card are dvi-i?

what cable is needed...single link or dual link..or no matter

does a dvi-d dual link card and cable exist

I am so confused and that's what was likely desired by industry
I have an old number nine sr9 but the driver is for 98..it would not work for me on vl-std..and no driver for xpsp2

any thoughts are appreciated...

edit...Ok I think the geforce 6200 oc is a good bet if I can find one..ddr agp dvd-i...

more...ok I found a e geforce 6200...will connect and boot and see if it works then try the other head...wonder if vector will run this box..it has an ide connection and I have a drive...maby I should stop typeing and just do that too..and remembering I have a blog may be good..well
cheers

edit: oh..well that was painless..and the vlstd live boots fine..I need a bigger thumb drive and some time.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 09:04:09 pm by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
aboniup75

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 04:02:23 pm »

When I turn on my computer, it loads up windows xp, and right before the windows login screen comes up, my monitor stops getting a connection from my video card and i dont see shit. I can boot it in safe mode with networking fine.

So in safe mode i did a dxdiag to see what video card i had, thinking the drivers needed updating, and no video card registered Im pretty lost as far as what to try next.
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 05:02:04 pm »

@aboniup75: Since this is a Linux forum, our fix would probably be to install Vector Linux  Grin

For help with Windows, try going to the web site of the manufacturer of the computer, or some of the generic windows forums out there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: