VectorLinux
October 22, 2014, 01:32:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I boot from USB the "VectorLinux"?  (Read 1535 times)
spi

« on: October 07, 2008, 06:13:37 am »

hello,

I have Windows XP ...

How can I boot from USB the "VectorLinux"? and it is possible to write updates in USB? and existing  "Firewall" and "Antivirus" for your linux?

I wait for your answer... if you want...

thanks a lot...
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 07:03:17 am »

What type of USB device do you mean? : an SD card, a USB CDROM drive, a USB hard drive?

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
spi

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 01:15:45 pm »

hello,

a  USB hard drive...

i wait for your answer...

thanks a lot...
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 06:43:19 pm »

OK. I assume you want to install VL to your USB hard drive. First of all you need to make sure your USB hard drive is plugged in and that your BIOS recognizes it. Then you insert the VL install CD into your CDROM drive and you then need to partition the USB hard drive to accept VL. All that is explained in our Installation Guide here:
http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/docs/vl59/manuals/vl5_installation_guide_en.html
so I'm not gonna repeat it.

If you have one hard drive in your computer and the USB drive then the USB drive should be called either /dev/hdb or /dev/sdb

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask.

Larry

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: