VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: broadcom bcm4328 -- activation  (Read 1911 times)

slafochmed

broadcom bcm4328 -- activation
« on: October 04, 2008, 04:35:16 pm »

I would like to have my integrated wifi card broadcom bcm4328 working after boot.
After alot of trying I managed to
- get the driver installed into ndiswrapper with recognizing the card (you need to remove the old bcmwl5.inf completely before loading it from your *.inf file)
- removing and reinstalling wpa_supplicant (slapt-get could not find it, I downloaded a slackware package on the net and installed it with installpkg
- somehow configured wpa_supplicant

After boot, I do not have wifi connection. wlan0 is down.
I am not yet completely sure, but I have to follow a sequence of these actions to make my wifi work:
-- rm old wpa_supplicant file (in ram?, is needed to run wpa_supplicant)
-- run wpa_supplicant without the -B option that is used in the howto (result: error that it can not associate the driver)
-- run the graphical standard program vlwifi (usually, after providing my essid and wpa key, an ip address is aquired and I am connected!!)

Any idea about how I can get it working directly after boot? (it is all really strange)