VectorLinux
October 23, 2014, 10:42:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: broadcom bcm4328 -- activation  (Read 1776 times)
slafochmed

« on: October 04, 2008, 03:35:16 pm »

I would like to have my integrated wifi card broadcom bcm4328 working after boot.
After alot of trying I managed to
- get the driver installed into ndiswrapper with recognizing the card (you need to remove the old bcmwl5.inf completely before loading it from your *.inf file)
- removing and reinstalling wpa_supplicant (slapt-get could not find it, I downloaded a slackware package on the net and installed it with installpkg
- somehow configured wpa_supplicant

After boot, I do not have wifi connection. wlan0 is down.
I am not yet completely sure, but I have to follow a sequence of these actions to make my wifi work:
-- rm old wpa_supplicant file (in ram?, is needed to run wpa_supplicant)
-- run wpa_supplicant without the -B option that is used in the howto (result: error that it can not associate the driver)
-- run the graphical standard program vlwifi (usually, after providing my essid and wpa key, an ip address is aquired and I am connected!!)

Any idea about how I can get it working directly after boot? (it is all really strange)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: