VectorLinux
November 23, 2014, 01:43:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5.9.1 SOHO bugs / annyances  (Read 2598 times)
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« on: October 19, 2008, 07:03:39 am »

I thought these should be documented, so here it goes:

1) vasm doesn't work properly if at all.
2) the patches repository isn't enabled by default

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
Dweeberkitty
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 07:14:44 am »

I can't get CUPS to work at all. It doesn't load from the menu and from vasm, it says like page not found. The only way I got my printer running was through the KControl Center.

Registered Linux User #443399
Desktop: Intel Pentium D 3.33Ghz, 320GB hard drive, 2 gigs DDR2 533mhz RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GS, X2GEN 22" widescreen monitor;
Laptop: Dell Mini 9, Intel Atom 1.6Ghz, 1GB ram
Multimedia Bonus Disc website: http://www.vectorlinuxsolutions.com/
VgnFrnd

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 01:55:51 pm »

I got cups to work by going here

Code:
localhost:631/admin

as MOE recommended to me in this thread:

http://forum.vectorlinux.com/index.php?topic=7555.msg51706#msg51706.

Printing worked for a couple of days, but it choked earlier today, and PDF printing is not functional yet, either.
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 08:10:33 am »

Got no network with th is release on my main box (2x 3ghz | ATI Video | intel network card| 250gb SATA drive)
Any attempt to bring up the interface says something about errors with the interface flags
Modprobing the module that supports this chip says "FATAL: Module does not exist"

I've been using the ISO a guinea-pigg for the installer (must have installed it close to 100 times by now Wink) but none of these give me a network interface.

I gave up on it and went back to VL-Light on this box

Secondary box (Acer aspire laptop | bcm4318 wireless chip | intel 950 graphics)
most things seemed to work (with the exception of the software woes listed above)
wireless is a no-go on this one... not with ndiswrapper, not with b43 not with b43legacy or bcm43xx

It's like it doesn't even know the word "wireless"

Also gave up on it, and instead installed a VL-Light iso, added KDE-3.5.9 + go-oo-3.0 and that's what I'm running here.
Maybe worth mentioning, wireless works out of the box on this one (vl-light) and knetworkmanager is managing the wireless connection.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: