VectorLinux
July 25, 2014, 10:00:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: fpc & c++  (Read 1226 times)
florinbrasov

« on: October 05, 2008, 10:14:14 am »

How can I instal pascal and c++?I am using vl 5.9.1 SOHO.
Thank you!
kidd
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 11:01:49 am »

g++ should be already there...

there is p2c in the repos, but if it's not what you want, you can try slackware repos, or get a package from linuxpackages.net

cya

The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 12:28:49 pm »

I moved your post away from the Howto's. It's not meant for asking questions, but for sharing information on how to get certain things done. Look at some of the posts in the Howto section to understand what I mean.

How can I instal pascal and c++?I am using vl 5.9.1 SOHO.
You don't install a programming language. For c++, gcc-g++ is the standard compiler in Linux. You can use pretty much any text editor you want to program in. Since you're using SOHO, I suggest Kate for simple "hello world"- type short programs. It's in Menu->Utilities->Editors->Kate. It has great highlighting for a lot of programming languages, including c++ and Pascal. If you need an integrated development environment, I suggest kdevelop. There's a package in the "extra" repository.

Good luck!

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
florinbrasov

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 12:18:13 am »

Which version must I download and instal?
http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=3.5/download.html
?
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 07:59:44 am »

You can find a package in our repository. You can use gslapt to download it (it's in menu -> system -> Gslapt Package Manager ) , or use slapt-get instead
Code:
slapt-get --update && slapt-get --install --no-dep kdevelop
Usually, if you find Slackware packages that match the version VL was built on (you can check with "cat /etc/slackware-version") they work just fine. For some reason though, the kdevelop site doesn't seem to offer a Slackware package.

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: