VectorLinux
October 25, 2014, 02:05:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installation Problems  (Read 1538 times)
Meshe

« on: October 11, 2008, 08:13:02 am »

Hey guys,

I been having some issue while trying to install Vector Linux on my laptop. I'm installing it from CD-boot, and when its loading the iSCSI it just stays there "loading", I have let the loading for like 1 hr an a half, and still the screen is on that spot.

Also dont know if it has to do anything with not having the partitions done yet, thus I wanted to make them once the installation GUI was up.
Cariboo
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 01:33:00 pm »

Hi,
Check HERE and THERE

Life is full of setbacks; Success is measured by the way you deal with them!
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 11:30:58 am »

I have loaded Vector on laptops hundreds of times. If I knew what "iSCSI" was, I might have a suggestion, unless you are dual-booting and I know nothing of that.  I do know that when I run into a hang (very rare), it sometimes helps to do the partitions in puppy and then boot up with the Vector 5.9 install CD.  If I still have problems, its usually a bad install CD.

John
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 07:49:56 am by sledgehammer » Logged

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
Meshe

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 03:29:24 pm »

Thx for the posts cariboo, the thing here is that I only have windows installed on my laptop, you seem to have linux which let you change the kernel, on my case I cant.  Cry And yes that's exactly what happen to me, it is left hanging there.

When the installation asks for where is the partition like a linux console, can I call the lilo conf to change the priority on the iSCSI?
Cariboo
Vectorite

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 04:09:40 pm »

Hello Meshe
I started with the help of the KNOPPIX 5.1 LiveCD to re-partition the Hard Drive and create a new partition with ext3 file system for VL.
Then I rebooted and inserted the VL-5.9-std CD and, following the menu, I was able to install VL on this newly created partition.
Once installed I could reboot and had VL running from the HDD. Then I went through the procedure of reconfiguring of the kernel as described in the thread.
 Cariboo

Life is full of setbacks; Success is measured by the way you deal with them!
Meshe

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 05:08:09 pm »

oh i see. Though following what you mention on that last post, the issue is not having the partions? Since I havent even get to install VL, while trying to go to the installation interfase its where its left hanging.

I got the ubuntu livecd, ill give it a try.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: