VectorLinux
November 22, 2014, 08:25:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Opera 9.6 and Flash 10 not working together  (Read 9790 times)
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« on: October 17, 2008, 02:20:58 pm »

I was having some lagging sound issues on some online videos, using Flash v9, so on reading some Opera forum notes others suggested upgrading to Flash 10. Well now Opera is not even recognizing that new flash file. It is in the correct directories, correct permissions, reloaded plugins in Opera Prefs, still no Flash pllugin recognized at all. Firefox works perfectly with the new Flash version, but I prefer to use Opera Huh

Anyone else noticed this? VL SOHO 5.9 BTW.

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 06:13:36 pm »

I was about to mention I am not having such issues, and then I was going to ask for a link in question.. OK, but then I looked at my version of Opera saw that I am still using
9.52 , and flash version 9.0.124.0 .
Man , I really should up things... or not, if I end up with your issue.
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 06:52:45 pm »

I'm having the same issue with Opera 9.6 and Flash 10. This is on my VL 5.9 Standard laptop. However, on VL 6 alpha 2 Opera 9.6 and Flash 10 seem to be working fine. There is a serious security risk in earlier Flash, so I'm hesitant to go back to Flash 9 on my VL 5.9 installations.

For several weeks I've had another Opera issue and this one seems to occur on both VL 5.9 and 6. When I try to download any file, Opera locks up. I have to shut down the Opera processes with ps -e in order to get rid of Opera (I don't like to use xkill because it often leaves processes running).
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
wcs
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 07:23:04 pm »

ARGHHH, issues with flash and browsers, why, Why, WHY?!!
It has NEVER worked properly... there's ALWAYS some issue, even with the latest versions.

(sorry, just venting)
pevsner

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 01:46:26 am »

Hi,

Same here with me opera - 9.6 doesnt recognise flash 10 at all. I did see somewhere that it may be to do with the fact that opera recognises 10 as 1 and the min requirement is flash 5.
Shame cause I like opera.
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 06:16:25 am »

I solved my problem for now by downgrading to Flash v9, release 116. Am about to file a bug report at Opera.

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
Colonel Panic
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 11:48:39 am »

Thanks for the info. I don't have Flash installed atm, but I am planning to get it soon.
lopanrs

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 09:45:40 am »

Hello Vector users !
I'm using VL 5.9 SoHo and just upgrade to opera 10 to use Unite services, and the same issue with Flash 10.
Solve the problem with http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/current/9/install_flash_player_9.tar.gz
There's a answer from opera at the moment ?

VL SoHo 7.0 @ 3.7.5-pf
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 08:11:01 pm »

Hello Vector users !
I'm using VL 5.9 SoHo and just upgrade to opera 10 to use Unite services, and the same issue with Flash 10.
Solve the problem with http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/current/9/install_flash_player_9.tar.gz
There's a answer from opera at the moment ?
Thanks for this lopanrs. This worked great for me.
Cheers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: