VectorLinux
December 21, 2014, 04:24:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Touchscreen issues - Lifebook b2175  (Read 1292 times)
I_See_Dead_Pixels

« on: October 26, 2008, 06:22:49 pm »

I'm new to Linux.

I have just installed vector on an old laptop fujitsu b2175.

It works great.  There is one thing that I need to figure out. The touchscreen does not work properly and i'm not sure what the problem is ... that is, I'm not sure how I go about finding a solution.

The touchscreen DOES respond if I touch it... but its way off. The pointer always pops up on the left side rather then underneath the finger. If i glide the finger over the screen, the pointer moves in the right direction, but is always off, that is always about 3 inches to the left.

So... what I want to understand is: is my problem improper calibration, or is it more serious and I am I lacking the drivers.  If its improper calibration, how do I go about calibrating it. If I'm missing the drivers, are there vector linux specific drivers... and where do I find them for download (and how do I install)?

Remember... Im an absolute newb...

Thanks.

Daniel
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 01:21:07 pm »

I'm sort of a newbie too but i've looked at a touch screen a time or two and it does sound like yours needs calibration. Maybe it's in the mouse configuration or something. If the mouse is moving, then you probably do have a working driver.

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

VL 6.0 SOHO KDE-Classic on 2.3 Ghz Dual-core AMD with 3 Gigs of RAM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: