VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Touchscreen issues - Lifebook b2175  (Read 1347 times)

I_See_Dead_Pixels

Touchscreen issues - Lifebook b2175
« on: October 26, 2008, 07:22:49 pm »

I'm new to Linux.

I have just installed vector on an old laptop fujitsu b2175.

It works great.  There is one thing that I need to figure out. The touchscreen does not work properly and i'm not sure what the problem is ... that is, I'm not sure how I go about finding a solution.

The touchscreen DOES respond if I touch it... but its way off. The pointer always pops up on the left side rather then underneath the finger. If i glide the finger over the screen, the pointer moves in the right direction, but is always off, that is always about 3 inches to the left.

So... what I want to understand is: is my problem improper calibration, or is it more serious and I am I lacking the drivers.  If its improper calibration, how do I go about calibrating it. If I'm missing the drivers, are there vector linux specific drivers... and where do I find them for download (and how do I install)?

Remember... Im an absolute newb...

Thanks.

Daniel

• Packager
  • Vectorian
    • TuxToys - Packages for VectorLinux 6.0
Re: Touchscreen issues - Lifebook b2175
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 01:21:07 pm »

I'm sort of a newbie too but i've looked at a touch screen a time or two and it does sound like yours needs calibration. Maybe it's in the mouse configuration or something. If the mouse is moving, then you probably do have a working driver.
The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

VL 6.0 SOHO KDE-Classic on 2.3 Ghz Dual-core AMD with 3 Gigs of RAM