VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: CTRL_EVENT_DISCONNECT in rtl8187b  (Read 1776 times)

Neopablo

CTRL_EVENT_DISCONNECT in rtl8187b
« on: October 21, 2008, 06:11:19 am »

Hi! Sorry for my english, non english-speaker!! After giving me a good fight, i finally made my usb rtl8187b wireless card work with ndiswrapper. But i´m having troubles connecting to my network. It´s wpa2, so i use wpa_gui. It detects the network, i put the password, and connects, but disconnect continuosly, like: connect, disconnect, connect, disconnect, with that message: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECT: REMOVING KEYS.
  Any clue? Thanks in advance, if somebody needs more information, ask me, i´m sort a newbie in linux :). (I use VL light)

bigpaws

• Vectorian
Re: CTRL_EVENT_DISCONNECT in rtl8187b
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 06:57:27 am »

From what I can find try this:

A temporary workaround for avoiding those annoyning disconnecting sessions is to run wpa_cli:

$ sudo wpa_cli

and issue the command ap_scan 0

> ap_scan 0

It appears you have already used this card before. Here a link to a Howto to make sure
you got all the steps.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/archive/index.php/t-9377.html

Bigpaws

Neopablo

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 11:19:08 am »

Hi Bigpaws!
                I tried running wpa_cli, and commanding ap_scan 0, but i can´t get  wpa_supplicant to even try to connect the network. If i activate ap_scan 1, then it reconnect, but starts to connect/disconnect. I thought of wifi-radar, but i got some troubles compiling it from source, because all of the gtk stuff. Finally, i got it running, but i have an error, saying something about gtk, I´ve found lots of information about that issue, so, i´m working on it. Anyway, I´ll start with wpa_supplicant from scratch. Perhaps i could have some misconfiguration.
Thanks for the reply!!

Pablo

Neopablo

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 11:45:19 am »

Well! Got it working, in fact, i'm surfing the web through my Vector  ;o). For my shame, i must say it was a mistyping error in the name of my network. But, the curious thing is that, when i do scan of networks, mine appears, but trying to connect, gives this error of connect, disconnect. Right now i don't care!!! But is something to work on. Thanks everybody, specially Bigpaws.

P.D.: Bigpaws, i don't know if Vector Linux is going to have spanish language support, but if it does, i can give a hand in translating documents. Just in case... ;o). Until my next problem!!

Pablo

kidd

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 02:11:59 pm »

P.D.: Bigpaws, i don't know if Vector Linux is going to have spanish language support, but if it does, i can give a hand in translating documents. Just in case... ;o). Until my next problem!!
Pablo

We're working on translating installer (and maybe vasmCC) to various languages , I've done part of spanish translation, but I'm sure there's more to come. The documents thing is a nice idea, but we would have to be very well organized if we don't want to end with many half translated docs or outdated docs.

Te invito a que te pases un dia por #vectorlinux-es (el canal hermano de #vectorlinux) en freenode.  Bienvenido ;)