A new version is available for testing:http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/veclinux-6.0/iso-test/VL6.0-Light-A0.14.iso
This is a major revision. The base system has been upgraded to VL Standard Beta 1. Hopefully some underlying problems have been solved, and undoubtedly new bugs have found their way in.
I did have a problem once when installing from a burned CD, experienced the issues reported by Pita about kernel and some packages not getting installed. New burn to different brand media helped. If you experience this, try burning at slower speeds, using different media, or do a hosted ISO install.
Again, a big "Thank You" to all brave testers who donate your time and effort. It's the team work that makes this fun. The developers read all your comments and suggestions, and address what we can. Some things, like UMTS, we do not have the hardware nor service. If there are requests by someone who have the needed parts and can test for us, please let us know.
From the changelog; VL6.0-Light-A0.14
Reset. Changed base to VL6.0 Standard Beta 1.
- unrar-3.8.2-i586-1vl60: Added new
- gkrellm-2.3.1-i486-2: Added new
- ndiswrapper-1.53_220.127.116.11-i586-1vl60: Modified package
- gutenprint-5.0.2-i486-1: Added new
- ghostscript-8.62-i486-5: Added new
- .icewm/update-icewm-menu.sh: Edited to look below /usr/share/applications
- .icewm/menu: Edited to add scroll bars to xterm
- .icewm/keys: Edited to add scroll bars to xterm
- .icewm/menu_system*: Added Root Terminal with inverse colors
- .icewm/menu_system*: Added entry for xkill
- .gkrellm2/themes/invisible-black (and -white): Added new
- .Xdefaults: Edited for allowing Alt key to be used for inserting special characters
- etc/skel/.config/pcmanfm/main: Edited for wallpaper Utah_trail.jpg
- usr/share/applications/xcalc.desktop: Added new
- .icewm/keys: Edited to map Alt+F2 to fbrun
- Desktop/vasm.desktop: Edited for name "Settings"
- Desktop/docs.desktop: Edited for name "Help Documents"
- Desktop/help.desktop: Edited for name "Help Forum" and URL