VectorLinux
December 22, 2014, 04:28:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: VL6-Light Alpha  (Read 36820 times)
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2008, 11:02:17 pm »

Gslapt is starting up properly for me as a user on A15. I used it to load Seamonkey when logged in as a user.

It is working now with me, however, only as root as in my opinion it should only work if one intends to install programs.
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2008, 11:14:45 pm »

I can only fix the skin when in IceWM and it does not carry into JWM. It is back to blue and hangs.

Weird. The "Blue" skin was completely removed from A0.15. What video card is in your box, and what driver in use?

OK, there are apparenly only 2 skins the xmmsplayer and xine-lcd. Since the first one is blue I called it blue. xine-lcd did register now when changed in IceWM and will still hang in JWM. Again it does not even open just showing the outlines of the player window in black.

It is a SIS something card ,would not know the driver.

For my own I am not concerned about this hang in JWM since I would not use this desktop nor do I use mplayer since I was never able to get either a sound or a video out of it. Believe it or not. Smiley
gamfa
Vectorite

« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2008, 08:39:04 am »

I'm kinda back and forth on that one.. once connected, you really don't need the client running any more. The default is no systray. Remove the "--no-tray" argument from the menu entry to change that.

As long as I know how to get it to work as I want it to work, it makes no difference to me how you set it up out of the box. I like as much feed back as I can get on my wifi connection and I really like Wicd. Of course, I also have my Icewm preferences file to pop up the net applet on wlan0.

It is working now with me, however, only as root as in my opinion it should only work if one intends to install programs.

I don't really understand what you are referring to here. I would think and personally feel, that ONLY root should be able to use Gslapt. When I am logged in as a user and pick Gslapt from the menu, a gui pops up requiring the root password before it will continue.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 08:56:34 am by gamfa » Logged

"Don't tell my cattle I have leather seats in my truck"

"I never let schooling stand in the way of my education"...Mark Twain
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2008, 05:19:37 pm »

I can only fix the skin when in IceWM and it does not carry into JWM. It is back to blue and hangs.

Weird. The "Blue" skin was completely removed from A0.15. What video card is in your box, and what driver in use?

OK, there are apparenly only 2 skins the xmmsplayer and xine-lcd. Since the first one is blue I called it blue. xine-lcd did register now when changed in IceWM and will still hang in JWM. Again it does not even open just showing the outlines of the player window in black.

It is a SIS something card ,would not know the driver.

Bloody nonsense should be Vista naturally. I can't find the specs for it.

For my own I am not concerned about this hang in JWM since I would not use this desktop nor do I use mplayer since I was never able to get either a sound or a video out of it. Believe it or not. Smiley
[/quote]

Gamfa I understood that you were able to install as user using gslapt.
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #124 on: December 24, 2008, 06:56:36 pm »

I just check and in A0.15 'at' does play a sound when invoked by a user
unless in A0.14 which I had reported.

I have made A0.14 fully my working box. Loaded it with all the programs I   
need including all the fonts from slackware, gnome 2.24.1, look, games, mailx, nmh etc.
and everything is working properly even the printer. I am very happy     
I have fully working VL-6 and is like being in VL5.8 only better.

There is only one major fault that is the sound and one minor, fbsetbg in
fluxbox does not function properly. Never mind that.

Now to the sound. In A0.14 'at' will not play a sound and gives an error in
the mail as I have reported in an earlier post. The same is tgru for crontab.
Further sometimes the sound
is suddenly gone for unknown reason and comes back when a 'sudo play file'
command is given. I have posted that as well.

My question what would I have to do to get the sound in A0.14 working as in
A0.15 w/o putting up a new box with A0.15 which is sofar anyhow pointless   
since it won't print.

Hints much appreciated.
and
Season Greetings to all
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: