VectorLinux
April 24, 2014, 11:22:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Openoffice 3.0 is crashing in VectorLinux 5.9 Light  (Read 4316 times)
kultex

« on: October 21, 2008, 09:43:12 am »

I was using the german version of Openoffice 2.3.1 in VectorLinux 5.9 Light - installed with the help of "rpm2tgz" - it worked without any problems.
I installed now Openoffice 3.0 the same way, but it crashes all the time - what can be the problem? missing packages? The initial menue starts without any problems, but as soon as I choose writer or calc it crashes
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 10:15:43 am »

can you try the OO package in the 5.9 repo and let us know if it works better for you?
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 10:16:25 am »

rpm2tgz has the potential to cause various problems.  My suggestion would be to simply install v3.0 from the VL repo instead.

HTH!

edit:
darn!! too slow Grin
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 10:38:16 am »

The initial menue starts without any problems, but as soon as I choose writer or calc it crashes

Try launching Calc from the terminal to see what error messages are produced. The command is "scalc".

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
kultex

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 12:34:27 am »

scalc is not known - swriter just hangs - if I start soffice and then try to start calc it tells "terminate called after throwing an instance of 'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'"

it would be nice to get this version running, because of all the language packages ....
kultex

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 06:26:48 am »

I deinstalled all oo packages and installed 3.0 from the VL repo

same thing than before
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 10:09:34 am by kultex » Logged
caitlyn
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 10:40:16 am »

I just installed OpenOffice 3.0 from the repo into a fresh build opf Vector Linux Light to see if I could replicate the problem.  It works perfectly well here.  So... I have to assume either you installed something else that conflicts with OpenOffice or else you are missing something OpenOffice depends on.  Since OpenOffice isn't supposed to have any dependencies (no slack-required file) the latter is unlikely but possible.  A third possibility is that you somehow accidentally deleted part of the core VL Light system that OOO needs.

Let's start by looking for conflicts.  Please post the output of:

ls /var/log/packages

so we can see what's installed on your system.

eMachines EL-1300G desktop, 1.6GHz AMD Athlon 2650e CPU, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6150 SE video
VLocity Linux 7.0-rc1

HP Mini 110 netbook, 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU, 2GB RAM, Intel 950 video
VL 7.0 Light
kultex

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 12:03:08 pm »

I am going to install VL-light tomorrow new
kultex

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 02:18:03 pm »

sorry - took some more time!

sorry - everything is fine - v3.0 from the VL works fine and also the german RPM openoffice with rpm2tgz.

Only the the install installer package with JRE makes the problems ..... no dea why I took this - I think it was to early in the morning ....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: