I have had a problem with 6.0 Light alpha 0.9 where even though the /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc file points to the veclinux-current repository (6.0 repository) it pulls packages from 5.9. I've also had problems where slapt-get/gslapt sometimes finds the gsb part of the 6.0 repository and sometimes it doesn't. The problem appears to be with slapt-get and gslapt and I suspect that's what you're running into. I seriously doubt any libraries have been removed from the repo.
There's something a bit strange about this one. The package that I got earlier in the day is as below:
so it seems to be a 6.0, but from the Gnome Standard Build branch. Odd also, it downloaded to /packages/libraries, instead of the more normal /packages/libs. I've checked, and I do have the gsb repo enabled, so I'm not at all sure what is going on with that one.