Thanks for your fast reply.
I thought I had a 5.5 version because on my CD is a changelog.txt (dated 4th March 2007) with the following content:5.5.0
* fixed another bug in cleanup script
- created ls symlink to eject the right CD
* added older version of unionctl which works better then the newer one
* boot by using loadlin now includes vga=769 boot argument
* boot by using loadlin and syslinux now includes probeusb argument
* probeusb now waits 5 seconds instead of 3
* probeusb accepts value (in seconds), eg. probeusb=10 will wait 10 seconds
* fixed problem with some missing partitions which should be added to fstab
* bugfix: /etc/fstab is deleted before update_fstab is called from linuxrc,
this makes sure there are no old lines (from original distro)
* bugfix: cleanup script now ejects CD properly
.....etc. down to 220.127.116.11
I tried your suggestion (light version) earlier, it worked OK, but it's also optimized for a 1024x7nn display, so at my 800x600 screen I nearly need a magnifying glass to read the text.
In the repository I found a 5.1 version, maybe I'll try that one!
Thanks again, Maxie