VectorLinux
April 15, 2014, 11:22:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Audacity not in repo...  (Read 2004 times)
Rev

« on: February 08, 2009, 07:13:36 pm »

To start out, I'm a total n00b here so forgive me if this has an obvious answer...

I want to put Audacity on my laptop because I'm setting it up to be my dedicated sound studio computer... I did the Gslapt thing but Audacity didn't show up in the repository.  I know it's a common 'ware package with Linux users... so how do I install it?

Oh btw I'm using VL 6.0 Light

Just assume I know nothing and we should get along just fine.

Compaq M700 laptop, VL 6.0 B2 Light
Pentium III, 450MHz, 128 MbRAM
MikeCindi
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 07:51:20 pm »

You can request that packages be added. There is a section of this forum for that purpose. You could also build it yourself. As a new linux user it would be a worthwhile challenge in my opinion. Or you could enable one of the slackware repositories in gslapt and audacity may be there. Lastly, you could you could try linuxpackages.net and search for it there. These are listed in the order of preference and probably safety. If you do download a slackware package (.tgz) then you will need to install the package as root with the following command: installpkg packagename.tgz.
HTH,
Mike

The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
VL64 7.1b3                                     RLU 486143
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 03:46:57 am »

To start out, I'm a total n00b here so forgive me if this has an obvious answer...

I want to put Audacity on my laptop because I'm setting it up to be my dedicated sound studio computer... I did the Gslapt thing but Audacity didn't show up in the repository.  I know it's a common 'ware package with Linux users... so how do I install it?

Oh btw I'm using VL 6.0 Light

it's in the testing repository now, Enjoy !

Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: