VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Request for Rhythmbox  (Read 1639 times)

Monty67

Request for Rhythmbox
« on: November 11, 2008, 07:19:03 am »

http://www.gnome.org/projects/rhythmbox/

As an avid fan of Jamendo I loved being able to play music using Rythmbox when I was off checking out other distros.

If plugins become available for other "music players" then maybe I wouldn't need this one but right now rhythmbox is the way to go.

thx

Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.

MagicalSoundShwr

Re: Request for Rhythmbox
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 02:51:34 pm »

I, too, would love a Rhythmbox package, it's one of the best players out there, in my opinion.

The Headacher

• Louder than you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
  • I like the bass to go BOOM!
    • Multimedia on VL (work in progress)
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 04:36:34 am »

Well,since Rhythmbox requires gnome 2.10 I think y'all can keep hoping... I don't believe anyone is mad enough to take the Herculean task of completely building Gnome and all it's dependencies like easuter did for VL 5.8. 

You might be able to find a package elsewhere, but I wouldn't expect it to ever hit the VL repo's. Sorry.
Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.

wcs

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 09:59:21 pm »

I did compile this some time ago, and the current packages in the 5.9 repo mostly did it (libgnomeui, etc...)
I think I had to compile something else... can't remember what, but I think it was just one or two packages max. besides rythmbox.

So it's possible, and it doesn't take that long. Some features, however, might be missing... I would have to look at it again.
At the time, I thought of submiting it..... too bad I didn't, as I don't know what I did anymore.

For the moment, I'm silly busy with other stuff, so I won't commit to doing it soon.
Sorry....