VectorLinux
July 22, 2014, 05:17:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Request for Rhythmbox  (Read 1383 times)
Monty67

« on: November 11, 2008, 07:19:03 am »

http://www.gnome.org/projects/rhythmbox/

As an avid fan of Jamendo I loved being able to play music using Rythmbox when I was off checking out other distros.

If plugins become available for other "music players" then maybe I wouldn't need this one but right now rhythmbox is the way to go.

thx

Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.
MagicalSoundShwr

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 02:51:34 pm »

I, too, would love a Rhythmbox package, it's one of the best players out there, in my opinion.
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 04:36:34 am »

Well,since Rhythmbox requires gnome 2.10 I think y'all can keep hoping... I don't believe anyone is mad enough to take the Herculean task of completely building Gnome and all it's dependencies like easuter did for VL 5.8. 

You might be able to find a package elsewhere, but I wouldn't expect it to ever hit the VL repo's. Sorry.

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
wcs
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 09:59:21 pm »

I did compile this some time ago, and the current packages in the 5.9 repo mostly did it (libgnomeui, etc...)
I think I had to compile something else... can't remember what, but I think it was just one or two packages max. besides rythmbox.

So it's possible, and it doesn't take that long. Some features, however, might be missing... I would have to look at it again.
At the time, I thought of submiting it..... too bad I didn't, as I don't know what I did anymore.

For the moment, I'm silly busy with other stuff, so I won't commit to doing it soon.
Sorry....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: