VectorLinux
April 23, 2014, 09:50:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.
 
Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Plugin woes while compiling Audacious from source  (Read 1578 times)
edwinsage
Member
*
Posts: 17


formerly KamikaziFreak


« on: December 03, 2008, 11:10:10 am »

Hey all,

I've started using Audacious recently, since I found the old 1.3.2 package lying around in the repos (I use VL 5.8, and a lot of packages in the repos have newer Gnome dependencies, so I can't install them).   Something that's always bugged me about XMMS and now Audacious is the fact that the keyboard playback controls aren't configurable.  I use the Dvorak layout, so the "ZXCVB" row is ";QJKX" for me.

So, I decided to grab the source for 1.3.2, dug through it for a while, and changed the neccesary lines to change the controls.  After compiling and installing, however, the program doesn't have any plugins.  I figured the plugins from the old package would work with it, but it doesn't seem to know they're there.  Even after finding the plugin sources (version 1.3.5 was the closest I could find, but the Audacious page says they release them asynchronously anyway; I don't think that's the problem) and building them, it still doesn't work.

Are there some flags I need to add when running ./configure?  I used --prefix=/usr so it would install over the version from the package.  Do I need to point it towards the plugins?
Logged
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian
*****
Posts: 3134



« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 11:33:31 am »

You may need to build the plugins package yourself

http://distfiles.atheme.org/audacious-plugins-1.3.2.tgz

Just make sure you use the same prefix you used for the base application and it *should* be fine
Logged

edwinsage
Member
*
Posts: 17


formerly KamikaziFreak


« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 12:28:54 pm »

Haha, there we go.  I'm not sure if it was because I was using 1.3.5 plugins, or because I didn't specify the prefix on the plugins (probably the latter, I'd guess), but it works now.  I had to do a "make clean" and recompile and install Audacious itself after installing the plugins, but it works now.
Logged
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian
*****
Posts: 3134



« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 12:56:27 pm »

Glad you got it Wink
Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!