VectorLinux
September 14, 2014, 07:40:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Undetected TP-Link TL-WN610G wireless adapter  (Read 2770 times)
w2gnd

« on: September 11, 2008, 11:45:32 am »

I took the advice of member when he wrote, in a different thread, he recommended the adapter indicated in the Subject line.  He said that either Wifi-Radar or VL-Wireless automatically detected the card.  I didn't need to use ndiswrapper to set up a driver.

I installed it in a Micronics TransPort GX3 and it only went partially into the boot-up process before the system locks up.  What appears on the screen before lock up is the following:

rc.M ==>Going Multiuser
Starting System Logger
Initializing Hardware
Setting up Modulesldconfig: /usr/lib/libboost_thread-mt.so is not a symbolic link

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 07:12:52 pm »

Mine just plain doesn't work. :/
w2gnd

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 04:39:55 pm »

The problem was using Wifi-Radar.  I found an application called Wireless Assistant and downloaded it from repository that stored Slackware 12.0 applications.  After installing it with Gslapt, I ran the application and was connected my access point in less than one minute.  Extremely easy to use.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: