huh!... I wonder how one goes about doing that
A little help here please... anybody? I just don't have the time to investigate this further. Does this have anything to do with mimetypes?
On to another subject, those on the vectorlinux-devel list have been getting updates on the latest vl-hot and vl-hot-config code, it's time to paste some of that here too (it's a bit long-winded, sorry about that)...
A while back, I lost my working copy of vl-hot 1.0.4 and the backups
were corrupted. No problem I thought, I'll checkout from the svn. But
I have not been able to access googlecode for quite some time now, so
I sshed into uel s box and tried from there. Well, it turns out that
the googlecode svn of vl-hot has somehow been reset to a blank repo,
I had already recovered the bash part of vl-hot from the distro, of
course, and this was the base for developing the new 2.0 version. I
was less fortunate with vl-hot-config, which is compiled gambas code,
I only have a much older version available, but there were a lot of
changes towards 1.0.4.
So: does anybody have the source code for vl-hot-config 1.0.4? If so,
please send it to me, as vl-hot 2.0 is pretty much done and ready for
testing, but it needs a matching vl-hot-config, of course.
I set up a new project on Berlios a couple of months ago, when I
started having trouble accesing googlecode, but I haven't uploaded any
code yet, while trying to fing the vl-hot-config source. Berlios works
pretty fast for me here and I believe they have a long and stable
history hosting open source projects. I didn't try SourceForge as it
is way to slow from here.
Ok, here is a package of vl-hot-1.9.9 (2.0 beta). I've done a lot of
testing with 2 pendrives, but this is still a beta until others can
test it too. I will do some more testing with an external HDD with
multiple partitions tonight.http://hyperupload.com/download/022fd59c43/vl-hot-1.9.9-noarch-1vl59.tlz.html
Mount point naming has 3 levels of priority:
1- from /etc/udev/vl-hot_names.conf, if the serial matches a definition
2- from the partition label, if any
3- if none of the above, the default name is "vl-hot" (this might change)
If a second drive/partition has the same name, vl-hot_mount adds
consecutive numbers to the mount point.
NOTE: due to what I explained before, there is no vl-hot-config in
this package, you need to edit /etc/udev/vl-hot.conf manually.
Notice that to get the nice vl-hot_umount notification popup on XFCE,
you need to install libnotify, notification-daemon-xfce and libsexy.
Still need to work on the KDE notifications, as they use a different
Ok, I've mostly managed to update vl-hot-config from an old version.
It even has a (still somewhat crude) custom mountpoints editor, so you
can define a permanent custom fixed mountpoint for a particular
Only one thing to do yet before a beta: In vl-hot-config 1.0.4, I
hardwired the charsets and codepages dropdown lists, because they
became built-in to the kernel, whereas previously, they would be read
from the modules at runtime. However, I would like to find a nice
proper way to get the available charsets and codepages at runtime,
before I go and hardcode them again (I've lost the friggin' lists too,
along with the 1.0.4 source code, lol). So... any ideas?
I just imported the first code to the Berlios vl-hot project, at
version 1.9.9, which is more or less 2.0 Beta. As stated before,
vl-hot-config desn't do the codepages and charsets yet, hope to get to
that by Monday at latest.
Link to the project page: http://developer.berlios.de/projects/vl-hot/
anonymous svn: svn checkout http://svn.berlios.de/vl-hot/trunk
If anybody wants to be added to the project as developer, just let me know.
(Note: You need to register a user on Berlios first, and let me know
the user name once you get the confirmation.)
You can download vl-hot-1.9.9 and vl-hot-config-1.9.9 packages for VL
5.9 from the BerliOS project now. As you can see, I decided to
separate them in 2 packages. Let me know your opinions on this, for or
BTW, M0E-lnx: I was switching vl-hot-config to G2, but then I came up agaist a little problem. The settings files management has changed between G1 and G2, and now it seems to have a fixed path (read-only), so until I cook up my own code for it, it stays in G1, which allows settings files to be in a path you define (in this case, /etc/udev/vl-hot.conf). I may post about this on the Gambas list to see what can be done about it, as well.
EDIT: BTW, vlh-umount should work nicely now.