VectorLinux
October 24, 2014, 10:34:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: yo new website  (Read 3501 times)
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« on: November 29, 2008, 12:26:42 am »

http://sites.google.com/site/efg2009/

And I swear I will actually update it regularly.

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 04:12:43 pm »

I like it...I intended to click the engineering notes right away but was strangely drawn to mental diarrhea..
cheers

Everything Is Relative
Monty67

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 07:35:02 pm »

I was reading your whole diode thing and trying to see how it applies to Wheatstone Bridge aka Full-Wave Bridge Rectifier.  It's interesting to see you refer to the full wave rectifier instead of the Wheatstone. For whatever reason the WSB just seem to make more sense. Plus the drawings that were presented made it easier to grasp compared to the regular FWR.

To be honest I don't miss circuit theory all all. Nodal and Mesh analysis of circuits drove me to the digital, SW design and matlab world of EE.

Best of luck in your studies. 

Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 10:21:23 pm »

I was reading your whole diode thing and trying to see how it applies to Wheatstone Bridge aka Full-Wave Bridge Rectifier.  It's interesting to see you refer to the full wave rectifier instead of the Wheatstone. For whatever reason the WSB just seem to make more sense. Plus the drawings that were presented made it easier to grasp compared to the regular FWR.

When the upper lead of the transformer is positive, current (which is movement of positive charge according to me) flows through the anode of the upper-right diode (labeled red), through the load, and back through the anode of the other red diode into the transformer.

When the lower lead is positive, current flows through the blue pathway.

What I am describing is in fact an application of the 'conventional' current flow model, which I foolishly opted not to use when I started studying analog circuits about a month ago.

I intend to specialize in digital electronics combined with SW engineering myself, but analysis of analog circuits w/ neat little Gaussian elimination at the end rules. At least as long as you use a CAS or calculator to do it; I hate solving simultaneous linear equations by hand.

I like it...I intended to click the engineering notes right away but was strangely drawn to mental diarrhea..
cheers

I'm working on making the bookmarks collection one of the greatest on the Internet. Check it regularly since I intend to add to it every day.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 10:26:07 pm by Epic Fail Guy » Logged

StrayBit
Vectorite

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 07:19:11 pm »

Looking forward to in-depth browsing.  Especially fascinated to the link that led me - eventually to "Dave's Old Computers".  Led to a fit of nostalgia when I saw my original SuperBoard listed.

Dell GX280: [7.0-Gold-Final], 6.0-Gold-Final, 5.9-Gold
HP 670 Win7 & VL7.0
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 07:22:03 pm »

Nice collection of URLs indeed. The whole site is awesome, lot of nice stuff for reading.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 03:44:28 pm »

I added this one today under a new 'Lectures' category.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nptelhrd

'Holy cow'

Some of these lectures are a little hard to follow, but there are over 3,000 of them.

Windozer
Vectorite

Have Vector Linux, Will Travel.

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 11:56:45 am »

Hey Epic,

nice graphic for the full wave. The color is a great idea. If you did this too for RLC circuits, you could help EE students avoid premature discolored hair.

Hmmm... seems like your site popped up just about the time the "registered geek/nerd/dork/pessimist" thread ended... didn't see the registration button on the site though.

"Is your diode half wave or half empty?"

Tongue

cheers
-H
a reformed solder freak

483,617th Registered Linux Snoozer
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 12:34:29 pm »

Hey Epic,

nice graphic for the full wave. The color is a great idea. If you did this too for RLC circuits, you could help EE students avoid premature discolored hair.

Look here: http://www.play-hookey.com/ac_theory/

I'm afraid the author didn't make an equivalent diagram for RLC circuits, but maybe if I dig around in my other links I can find something.

Hmmm... seems like your site popped up just about the time the "registered geek/nerd/dork/pessimist" thread ended... didn't see the registration button on the site though.

"Is your diode half wave or half empty?"

I would rather the diode not exist, as well as the semiconductor and any application or observer or whatever, just the Monad. Philosophy is the art of pointing out things that are true but absurd; it is both true and absurd that things would be easier that way. I want to return to the Monad every day.

Windozer
Vectorite

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 05:07:14 pm »

I want to return to the Monad every day. - EFG

And refill your Leibnizian fluxions? <g>

Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 09:27:44 pm »

I want to return to the Monad every day. - EFG

And refill your Leibnizian fluxions? <g>

I don't have Leibniz in mind so much as Neoplatonism.

Incidentally, Newton is credited with 'fluxions'.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 09:30:22 pm by Epic Fail Guy » Logged

Windozer
Vectorite

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 12:07:02 pm »

I don't have Leibniz in mind so much as Neoplatonism. Incidentally, Newton is credited with 'fluxions'. - EFG

Yes, I always confuse Newton and Leibniz (who invented the dx notation).  OK, let me buy you a virtual beer here first...

Although this sort of lurches the thread further off track, why would you consider Monads Neoplatonism? Even though the idea came much later than Plato, wouldn't monadism be Platonism? (And look what can come up for discussion in the Lounge Smiley

cheers
- H
Wir halten Gericht: ein Weltreich zerbricht
Das wird unser stolzester Tag!

Erlich gesagt ist daoben eher Fatalizmus als Platonizmus!

Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 01:01:25 pm »

I don't have Leibniz in mind so much as Neoplatonism. Incidentally, Newton is credited with 'fluxions'. - EFG

Yes, I always confuse Newton and Leibniz (who invented the dx notation).  OK, let me buy you a virtual beer here first...

But I'm a virtual teetotaler, and also 20 virtual years old

Although this sort of lurches the thread further off track, why would you consider Monads Neoplatonism? Even though the idea came much later than Plato, wouldn't monadism be Platonism? (And look what can come up for discussion in the Lounge Smiley

As far as I know, the concept of the monad is essential to Neoplatonism. And it's an older concept than Plato for sure, because Pythagoras also used it.

Wir halten Gericht: ein Weltreich zerbricht
Das wird unser stolzester Tag!

Erlich gesagt ist daoben eher Fatalizmus als Platonizmus!

s/Fatalismus/Faschismus/

Or indeed whatever else I have to do to get out of bed in the morning... Neoclassical Sinofascism ... how did it come to this?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 01:03:18 pm by Epic Fail Guy » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: