VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Plugin woes while compiling Audacious from source  (Read 1897 times)

edwinsage

• formerly KamikaziFreak
Plugin woes while compiling Audacious from source
« on: December 03, 2008, 11:10:10 am »

Hey all,

I've started using Audacious recently, since I found the old 1.3.2 package lying around in the repos (I use VL 5.8, and a lot of packages in the repos have newer Gnome dependencies, so I can't install them).   Something that's always bugged me about XMMS and now Audacious is the fact that the keyboard playback controls aren't configurable.  I use the Dvorak layout, so the "ZXCVB" row is ";QJKX" for me.

So, I decided to grab the source for 1.3.2, dug through it for a while, and changed the neccesary lines to change the controls.  After compiling and installing, however, the program doesn't have any plugins.  I figured the plugins from the old package would work with it, but it doesn't seem to know they're there.  Even after finding the plugin sources (version 1.3.5 was the closest I could find, but the Audacious page says they release them asynchronously anyway; I don't think that's the problem) and building them, it still doesn't work.

Are there some flags I need to add when running ./configure?  I used --prefix=/usr so it would install over the version from the package.  Do I need to point it towards the plugins?

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Plugin woes while compiling Audacious from source
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 11:33:31 am »

You may need to build the plugins package yourself

http://distfiles.atheme.org/audacious-plugins-1.3.2.tgz

Just make sure you use the same prefix you used for the base application and it *should* be fine

edwinsage

• formerly KamikaziFreak
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 12:28:54 pm »

Haha, there we go.  I'm not sure if it was because I was using 1.3.5 plugins, or because I didn't specify the prefix on the plugins (probably the latter, I'd guess), but it works now.  I had to do a "make clean" and recompile and install Audacious itself after installing the plugins, but it works now.

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 12:56:27 pm »

Glad you got it ;)