VectorLinux
April 19, 2014, 03:33:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't hear streaming radio  (Read 2681 times)
StrayBit
Vectorite

« on: December 04, 2008, 10:03:05 am »

VL5.9 standard fresh install on Compaq DeskPro PIII Katmai 36xxxxx ram reported by BIOS built in sound/speakers.

Trying to listen to www.rejoice.org.  They offer 1)Microsoft Windows Media Player 2)RealNetworks RealPlayer or 3)Adobe Flash.  None of these display as they do on Windows.  Media Player says buffering, playing then shows the play and pause buttons; RealPlayer just shows some squiggles and closes both SeaMonkey windows when I close this one; Adobe just shows lines to Turn on or Turn off.  I get no sound from any of them.

Just started Vasm-CC->Hardware->Alsa.  It detectected ess18xx, proceeded with the installation - no change on the above.  This PC did play the Media Player version when it had Win2k. 

(I don't have speakers attached to my PIII Coppermine with VL5.9 so didn't expect sound but it otherwise acts the same way.)

Obviously, I've done something wrong.

Dell GX280: [7.0-Gold-Final], 6.0-Gold-Final, 5.9-Gold
HP 670 Win7 & VL7.0
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 10:10:01 am »

all i can add is that the site works here in 6.0 Standard B1 using option 1
StrayBit
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 05:51:36 pm »

Listening to radio.  Issue solved see Can't see LAN in Networks.

Thanks to all,

Dell GX280: [7.0-Gold-Final], 6.0-Gold-Final, 5.9-Gold
HP 670 Win7 & VL7.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: