VectorLinux
December 17, 2014, 04:18:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suspend Hibernate problems with Acer Aspire and VLSOHO 5.9  (Read 2622 times)
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« on: December 06, 2008, 03:54:19 pm »

Using an Acer Aspire 1355LCi with VL SOHO 5.9 (the default kernel 2.6.22.19). Hibernate (suspend to disk) mostly works fine, but eth0, wlan0 and dhcpcd are killed even if not using "presusp" script. Is there any way to have these connections come back up automatically when coming out of suspend to disk?

Also, suspend to ram does not work - well it does suspend but when I come out I get a blank screen, fans on but nothing happening. Locked and must force a reboot. Any ideas how to solve this greatly appreciated.

Larry

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
wcs
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 03:46:09 am »

I don't know the versions in SOHO 5.9, but I just experienced the same on the aspire one (problems with suspend-to-ram), and got solved by upgrading hibernate to the latest version (1.99).

You can either move everything from /etc/hibernate/* to get the new defaults, or the new files will be named *.dist and you will have to merge changes manually.

Note that this was with the 2.6.26 kernel, so maybe trying it with a newer kernel/tuxonice might help.

I don't know about the network issues... I find that it comes back only when using wicd and making sure that "automatically connect" and "reconnect on connection loss" options are checked.

But maybe those network options in /etc/hibernate/common.conf might help:
Code:
### network
# DownInterfaces eth0
# UpInterfaces auto

wcs
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 03:50:31 am »

You might also look at dmesg and /var/log/hibernate.log to see what's hanging the suspend-to-ram.

In my case it seemed to be the SATA hard drive... I don't know why getting the latest hibernate solved it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: