VectorLinux
October 30, 2014, 02:43:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zimbra  (Read 1335 times)
StrayBit
Vectorite

« on: December 09, 2008, 02:56:03 pm »

I've just downloaded and installed Yahhoo's Zimbra Desktop on Vectior Linux 5.9 Standard.  (It is also available for Mac and Windows and is Open Source.)  It MUST be installed as user!  OoooKaaay!  Installed with out any problem.  It does take a bit of time to get fully synced with my Yahoo mail account.  But it is wonderfull to be able to browse some of my saved mail.  And replying to new messages worked flawlessly.  My next todo is to link to my gmail account.

I have one issue, however:  When I click a link to a web page in one of the messages, my browser, SeaMonkey, opens to my home page!  I have to go back and copy the link from the message then paste it into the navigation bar - What a pain!  This process works without problems from other applications.

(I've already posted the above on the Zimbra forum.)

Dell GX280: [7.0-Gold-Final], 6.0-Gold-Final, 5.9-Gold
HP 670 Win7 & VL7.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: