VectorLinux
November 27, 2014, 08:53:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: installing from iso  (Read 928 times)
edgeofthewoods

« on: December 15, 2008, 07:44:53 am »

Hey folks. This has been covered before, but if someone could either point out the links or post a how to. I have a POS Everex laptop with a broken cd rom. I did a upgrade to on mandriva and it is worse than ever. I want to go to 5.9 std but I need to install directly fromthe hard drive. I have tried a couple of different options and as we say in New Mexico a whole lotta nada.

Thanks
Chuck
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 07:51:30 am »

You need a working distro on your hard drive. Download the ISO you want. Then mount it with:
su (root pasword)
mount -o loop nameofmyiso /mnt/tmp
cd /mnt/tmp
-now browse the ISO and find the "vinstall-iso.sh" script and extract it to the same directory where your ISO is then:
init 2 (to get into single user mode)
./vinstall-iso.sh

(However - I really am unsure whether that method would work from mandriva - try it)

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: