VectorLinux
October 21, 2014, 05:27:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dell Optiplex  (Read 3053 times)
mellosonic

« on: December 19, 2008, 11:39:53 pm »

Hi all - Just a note to say thank you - I tried to install most major Linux Distros on
my Dell Optiplex GT260 (Celeron - 512mb ram) - with no luck...I'm not a Linux
aficionado but I was tired of all the problems with Windows and was looking for an
alternative - I have been playing around with Linux Distros for a few years and
I thought I knew enough to at least install ISO's but the Dell Optiplex had other
plans - Bios and Cmos was giving me problems - even with the noapic option....
To make a long story short - the Vector Linux Install CD works great! It installed
easily and cleanly and even recognized my Belkin USB wireless card after it asked me
to set it up with an ndiswrapper which it did automatically - All I can say is thanx
very much for saving me alot of grief and giving my computer a new life...I'm
now a Vector Linux User for life! Happy Holidays from Mello - www.mellosonic.com Cool 
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 07:35:46 am »

Hi. I just checked your website and noticed you produce music (well the name sort of gave it away too Wink). You might be interested in the "Multi media bonus disc" (often abbreviated to MMBD) that Dweeberkitty has been working on: http://forum.vectorlinux.com/index.php?topic=8016.0

Welcome to VL!

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 06:44:18 pm »

Welcome, Mellosonic.

Been a while since I visited soundclick.com, glad you brought me back to it. Listening to "Moonfunk" now. Nice work  Smiley
adamlau

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 03:24:02 am »

VL runs great off my OptiPlex 210L. Dropped in a VelociRaptor off a 1220SA controller and now it flies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: