A0.9 did not do much for me but here's what I had issues with:
1. the gui installer (booted with gui noapic) halted with the following message after selecting full install:
This application has raised an unexpected error and must abort.2. was able to install with the text installer (linux noapic) with the following problems
 Type mismatch: wanted string , got Variant  instead. MdInstallSys.?.0
-no NIC detected
-alsa found no pci sound
-no graphics card (used vesa after a few loops)
3. on startup there was an error that I missed about updating the database (a non-existant line)
4. once in the gui noted that I had sound and that the snd_hda_intel module was loaded (I guess I didn't need alsa to set it up?)
5. vasm just loops to the initial menu regardless of what option is selected
6. couldn't get nvidia graphics working (only one attempt though) and got this:
root:# sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-177.82-pkg2.run
Verifying archive integrity... OK
Uncompressing NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver for Linux-x86_64 177.82...
./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-177.82-pkg2.run: line 791: ./nvidia-installer: No such file or directory
While I was poking around the general "feel" of it was pretty nice.