VectorLinux
April 23, 2014, 07:26:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VL 6 VLPackager Does Not Work  (Read 808 times)
wahfun

« on: December 27, 2008, 09:38:04 am »

Just dl'd VL 6 to try it out. Seems very fast but I have run into a couple of problems - the VLPackager doesn't work and I cannot do anything as root. I have done a couple of clean installs and the results are the same.

I am running VL as a guest in Virtualbox on an XP box. No problems with the install (I like the new installer) or anything. All settings in Virtualbox are correct.

Any suggestions?

Thx
caitlyn
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 11:55:22 am »

What do you mean by "can't do anything as root".  Please be specific about what you are trying to do, how you are trying to do it, and what errors you received.  I've had no problems with su or sudo even with the earliest alpha releases.

Which build of VL6 are you running?  Is it Standard or Light?  Which version?  If it's standard you should be running Release Candidate 1.  If it's light it should be Beta 1.  If you're running something older than that you probably need to install the most recent version.

What, specifically, isn't working in vpackager?  Please post specifics about what you're trying to do (build from source or build from port, which application) and what errors you are receiving.

With a bit more information someone will be able to help.

eMachines EL-1300G desktop, 1.6GHz AMD Athlon 2650e CPU, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6150 SE video
VLocity Linux 7.0-rc1

HP Mini 110 netbook, 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU, 2GB RAM, Intel 950 video
VL 7.0 Light
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: