VectorLinux
September 02, 2014, 08:46:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Howto Download from net to DVD  (Read 811 times)
reb
Vectorite

The BOSS

« on: December 29, 2008, 02:25:17 pm »

I would like to download some computer games from the  net to a DVD.  Can this download be done direct, or must I download first to my HD and then copy to a DVD ?  I would appreciate some info on this one.

reb

Ye Ole Montana Saddle Tramp
Nothing is right or wrong, good or bad, only thinking makes it so.  Think about it.
Running a Vector Linux VL3300 with 1 SATA 80GB HDD and 1GB DDR 400 ram, DVD+-RW , and VL 5.9 Delux
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 02:28:41 pm »

For the sake of your blank media, I'd say download to HD first and then copy to DVD

I've had file copies fro network-to-cd-r fail on my local network... I wouldn't even try it from a remote, internet server straight to the burner. It's almost guaranteed to fail

reb
Vectorite

The BOSS

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 05:51:24 am »

Thanks, MOE, for heading me down a reasonable path.

reb

Ye Ole Montana Saddle Tramp
Nothing is right or wrong, good or bad, only thinking makes it so.  Think about it.
Running a Vector Linux VL3300 with 1 SATA 80GB HDD and 1GB DDR 400 ram, DVD+-RW , and VL 5.9 Delux
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: