VectorLinux
September 17, 2014, 05:25:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: WLAN0 Device Not Recognized, Wireless AP Invalid and Other Unexplainables  (Read 4106 times)
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 11:17:40 am »

There are no spaces noted in your reply if that is a typo
you can ignore the rest.

dmesg | grep firmware = dmesg<space>|<space>grep<space>firmware.

The output is to see if the firmware is being loaded.

Also try dmesg | grep b43

Bigpaws

rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 12:42:43 pm »

Your commands seems to be executed with no errors, I would expect a connection after that, at least you are having issues with encryption. iwconfig and iwlist scan eth1 should tell something about that.
We have been getting some errors with broadcom and udev > 111. You have udev-116 there, maybe a downgrade to udev-111 can solve this, I was expecting an error from dmesg about the firmware to confirm that, but maybe worth a try and if it doesnt help is easy to revert.
The udev-111 package is here:
http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/veclinux-5.9/packages/base/udev-111-i486-5.tlz

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
scottmc9

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 07:34:42 am »

Installed 6.0 RC1 numerous times. More problems...the XServer GUI interface won't start despite taking various approaches in configuring the xorg.cong file.

Goodbye VL.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: