VectorLinux
October 02, 2014, 04:05:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vector Linux 5.9 Std as Guest System in Virtualbox  (Read 1518 times)
wahfun

« on: December 27, 2008, 05:22:08 pm »

I am using Virtualbox to try out a number of Linux Distros. All of the major distros I have installed worked perfectly as guest systems. VL installs fine and I love the speed of it but I cannot install the guest additions to make it work a little smoother.  In a terminal I change to root privileges and run the ./VBoxLinuxAdditions-x86.run command  however, I keep getting an error message that says:
bash: ./VBoxLinuxAdditions-x86.run: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied

I am using Virtualbox 2.0.6 on an XP box and Vector Linux 5.9 Standard Gold.

Since I have successfully set up numerous other Linux Distros, it isn't the virtualbox configuration. So, if anyone has setup VL as a guest system and successfully installed the guest additions I would appreciate knowing how it was done.

Thx
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 06:27:02 pm »

I have been able to setup the 6.0 version in Vbox in XP and Vista hosts.
Are you sure you are running that script as root?

make sure your prompt says "#" and not "$"

never had any issues doing this

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: