VectorLinux
November 26, 2014, 06:18:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VL Slapt-get documentation correction  (Read 849 times)
PastorEd

« on: December 28, 2008, 07:47:09 pm »

Hello, Vector! Long time, no see!

I installed 5.9 on my laptop today, just to see how far it's progressed (and to see if VL would be the solution to a problem I've been having).

I noticed in the Documentation that comes on the CD that the slapt-getrc entries are incorrect for 5.9:

The two main VectorLinux repositories are:
SOURCE=ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/linux/distributions/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.0/packages
SOURCE=ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/metalab/distributions/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.0/packages

However, this information is no longer correct. The repositories are now:
Code:
ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/

So, I don't know who's repsonsible for Documentation, but there's an old entry that you probably want to update with every release, so that unfamiliar-to-Vector users can actually make gslapt work correctly.

Just a thought. Hope you're all doing well.

G.B.Y.L.B.T.,
PastorEd
caitlyn
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 08:04:38 pm »

You may actualy want to look at VL 6.0 rc1.  It is just about ready for prime time and the improvements are pretty big.

eMachines EL-1300G desktop, 1.6GHz AMD Athlon 2650e CPU, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6150 SE video
CentOS 6.5 (will try VL64-7.1 soon)

Toshiba Satellite A135-S4727,  Intel Pentium T2080 / 1.73 GHz, 2GB RAM, Intel GMA 950

HP Mini 110 netbook, 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU, 2GB RAM, Intel 950 video, VL 7.1
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 08:16:25 pm »

Good to see you around Paster ED. I hope life has kept you well.

Bigpaws
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: