VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: MC colors  (Read 2127 times)

StrayBit

• Vectorite
MC colors
« on: December 31, 2008, 03:48:45 pm »

I have now installed VL5.9Std on two machines.  On both of them, mc show directories as white on white unless selected then they are black on green (cyan?).  Man gave me enough info to thoroughly confuse me.  I did lead me to ~/mc/ini.  I extracted the portion that I believe covers what's happening but have no idea what to change.
[Colors]
xterm=normal=,default:selected=:marked=,default:markselect=:errors=white,red:input=white,blue:reverse=,lightgray:gauge=,blue:executable=brightgreen,default:directory=white,default:link=cyan,default:stalelink=brightred,default:device=brightblue,default:special=brightmagenta,default:core=magenta,default
Since mc is started from pyNeighborhood (it worked this time ;D) I can't pass it -b parameter.

How can I see my directories?
Dell GX280: [7.0-Gold-Final], 6.0-Gold-Final, 5.9-Gold
HP 670 Win7 & VL7.0

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: MC colors
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 06:25:44 pm »

I just delete "~/.mc"  .. that way, next time mc runs, it will create a new one with default colors.

StrayBit

• Vectorite
Re: MC colors
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 05:02:10 am »

Thank you VERY much, nightflier.  I can now see my directories with white on blue.

And a belated Happy and successful New Year to you and the others that help us try to understand this wonderful os.
Dell GX280: [7.0-Gold-Final], 6.0-Gold-Final, 5.9-Gold
HP 670 Win7 & VL7.0