VectorLinux
July 25, 2014, 10:00:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not sure where this question belongs  (Read 839 times)
grumpyhillbilly

« on: January 18, 2009, 06:09:09 am »

I'm using 5.9 Gold on a Dell Optiplex gx150 933 mgz processor and 512 ram. I'm also running the XFCE desktop.

This really makes no sense to me , vector runs fast on my computer, firefox loads fast but the video loads almost frame by frame on youtube or sites of that type. Any ideas what is causing that? Ubuntu didn't Puppy didn't (but puppy runs on very low resources so no wonder) don't know why this is happening.
EyesOnly

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 07:06:31 am »

Hi Hillbilly and welcome to VectorLinux!

I won't call ya "Grumpy" because I don't know anyone around here like that. Wink Well... occasionally I am but that's a different story. LOL!

My best guess as to the problem with the video here might be the version of Flash used in 5.9 Gold. When 5.9 Gold came out I can't recall when installing it back then if it came with 7.0 for Flash or higher? The newest version of Flash out now is 10 I believe but can cause some instability in Firefox 3.0.5. If you could get ahold of Flash 9 for Linux (anyone?) that would be your best bet---provided that's not what is already in 5.9 Gold.

Or, you could wait a few more weeks (if even that long) and get our newest release when it comes out, VL-6.0, as that should solve the problem plus it should run just as well as 5.9 does (if not better) on your current machine. Either/or. Smiley

I hope this has helped in some small way? That's all I can think of until "The Wiser Ones" come along anyway.

Amicalement/Cheers!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

"We never know just how much a kind word, or a gesture, will lift the spirits of a friend, or person, in need and heal them." (jimmymac)
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 07:27:38 am »

Please post the output of "lspci" and "cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep Driver" to this thread.

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: