When I installed beta2 on my Dell Dimension XPS(The general specs are in my signature. The thing that is not there - it has Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro video card that on VL5.9-STD worked with a glint driver) and rebooted the first time(now the configuring part of the installation starts), vxconf said that there has been and error while configuring X and asked if I want to try again. After I did, it gave me the same thing(I was using the auto probe option with few questions). Then I switched to vesa. After configuration was finished I rebooted and received no screens found error. I should mention that I have VL5.9-STD working on the same computer. Everything concerning X was working out of the box there.
I coppied xorg.conf file from working VL5.9 and it gave me Caught signal 11 error.
I tried running vxconf from CLI, but it did not created useful xorg.conf.
I also run xorgconfig and X-config, but they also got me nowhere.
Then I tried xorg.conf with fbdev driver - got same result.
Basically whatewer I did I got either of two errors I mentioned.
I had the same problem with Beta1 and Dynamite0.7
Here is the card section of xorg.conf on my working VL5.9:
VendorName "Texas Instruments"
BoardName "TVP4020 [Permedia 2]"
The signal 11 error:
(II) Setting vga for screen 0.
(**) GLINT(0): Depth 16, (--) framebuffer bpp 16
(==) GLINT(0): RGB weight 565
(==) GLINT(0): Default visual is TrueColor
(==) GLINT(0): Using gamma correction (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
(==) GLINT(0): Using HW cursor
(--) GLINT(0): Not using Linux framebuffer device
(--) GLINT(0): Chipset: "ti_pm2"
(--) GLINT(0): Linear framebuffer at 0xFE000000
0: X(xf86SigHandler+0x7e) [0x80bf1ee]
2: X(InitOutput+0x9b7) [0x80a2317]
3: X(main+0x296) [0x806dbb6]
4: /lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xe0) [0xb7cf3390]
5: X(FontFileCompleteXLFD+0x20d) [0x806d121]
Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11. Server aborting
No screen found error:
(II) VESA(0): Total Memory: 8 64KB banks (512kB)
(EE) VESA(0): No matching modes
(II) UnloadModule: "vesa"
(II) UnloadModule: "int10"
(II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libint10.so
(II) UnloadModule: "vbe"
(II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libvbe.so
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.
Fatal server error:
no screens found
My VL5.9 xprg.conf file is here
Fbdev and Vesa xorg.confs are here
respectively(the standard ones)
And two Xorg logs are here
I am sorry, it is extremely annoying to download anything from this file sharing website, but so far I did not found the better one.
PS. Those two logs may be little out of place since I ran this thing quite a few times and then just took the two logs it had, so if needed I will repeat everything, saving the log each time.