VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Belkin Wireless card not recognized in Vector 5.9 Light Edition  (Read 1847 times)

jeffcarbine

Belkin Wireless card not recognized in Vector 5.9 Light Edition
« on: January 22, 2009, 08:26:19 pm »

I'm ruining Vector Linux 5.9 on a HP Laptop, Pentium 2, 98 Mb RAM. I was using Puppy Linux for a while on it, but it proved rather unreliable (whenever the laptop crashed or the battery died without my logging out, my system would no longer boot, so I would have to reinstall) when I found Light Edition and promptly installed it.

Problem: my wireless card that was previously recognized and accepted by Puppy won't work in Vector. I'm rather new to Linux, so I'm not sure what information I should provide you with, but it's a Belkin Wireless Notebook Network Card, F5D6020 version 3000. It's just about as old as the laptop.

So, how can I get this card to work?

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Belkin Wireless card not recognized in Vector 5.9 Light Edition
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 11:11:38 pm »

If you can boot to Puppy and get the wireless card working, you can figure out what module is used. Does it boot off the CD okay?

Rev

Re: Belkin Wireless card not recognized in Vector 5.9 Light Edition
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 08:09:03 am »

I have a Belkin wireless card as well, and just installed Light 6.0 and vasm fired the card right up.
Just assume I know nothing and we should get along just fine.

Compaq M700 laptop, VL 6.0 B2 Light
Pentium III, 450MHz, 128 MbRAM