VectorLinux
December 20, 2014, 11:05:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CAD Software  (Read 3689 times)
Penguinista
« on: January 28, 2009, 09:40:05 am »

Does anyone know if there are CAD programs that work with VL 5.9.1 SOHO?  I am familiar with QCAD which I used with Sidux. Currently, I don't have an internet connection to search via GSlapt.
nj_jak

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 12:43:01 pm »

I have downloaded Multi Media Solutions Disc 1.5 from www.vectorlinuxsolutions.com - Qcad package for VL 5.9 is included - try that one out!
lm8
Packager

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 06:56:15 am »

There's probably not a package for this in the repository, but I think this should build okay on most machines if you have the room on your hard drive and time to build it:

BRL-CAD
http://brlcad.org/
CAD program and Constructive Solid Geometry modeling system.  Developed by US military and now available as Open Source.
Penguinista
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 04:31:05 pm »

Thanks all! I'll check them out.
pevsner

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 07:06:42 pm »

Intellicad(similar to autocad) for Linux, there are a couple, the best I found was Bricscad.
http://www.bricscad.com/. Does cost, not that much compared to autocad though.
Also you can get Progecad Smart (free for persoanl use-adds a note when printing) and run it with wine.

I use intellicad, but Qcad is quite good for smaller projects,well woth paying the 35euros for the full version (you get polylines) although the community version is good.
Windozer
Vectorite

Have Vector Linux, Will Travel.

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 06:40:41 pm »

This thread's old, but maybe still apropriate?

Do any of the CAD packages available for VL support both mechanical drawing and electronics ?

thanks,
- Howard

483,617th Registered Linux Snoozer
Locator
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 02:10:08 pm »

I have downloaded Multi Media Solutions Disc 1.5 from www.vectorlinuxsolutions.com - Qcad package for VL 5.9 is included - try that one out!
Unfortunately that site is in Japanese Sad.
retired1af
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 03:42:03 pm »

You resurrected a 4 year old thread on a OS version that's even older?  >.<

ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 09:16:51 pm »

If you are looking for cad type software..I used wine and 3d home architect 4 on vector 6, you could also try google sketchup..there is also qcad and you could try dia..it is like graph paper and a pencil

Everything Is Relative
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: