VectorLinux
April 17, 2014, 07:37:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi to all  (Read 1149 times)
zoltanh

« on: January 30, 2009, 08:35:14 am »

Hi Guys,

I'm very pleased with the new VL 6 beta - and glad to that exists. I'm a moderator of an relatively small hungarian linux community called 'linuxempire'. If its possible we would like to give help and translation (both l10n and i18n) support for this slackware based great distro.
To this, I would like to add to our forum list your distro, I hope it will be at our home famous, and well used.

Thanks,

Zoltan
Linux Empire, Hungary
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 08:43:52 am »

Welcome to VL zoltanh.

Glad you like it. I'm sure the VL community will be happy to be a part of your distro list, and will also be glad to accept your translations into our project as we move forward with internationalization.

I'm afraid it's a bit too late to get your translations in on time for the VL6 final release, however the installer is undergoing serious development still, so we could use your translations there if you stick around.

Welcome, and enjoy VL

caitlyn
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 12:11:46 pm »

Welcome, Zoltan!  I think you'll find that the Vector Linux community is helpful and friendly. 

Hungarian translations?  Great!  A lot of people on my father's side of the family speak Hungarian.  They came from an area now in Ukraine that, historically, as been part of Czechoslovakia or Hungary. Sadly I don't know any Hungarian.  By my family standards I'm linguistically challenged.  I can communicate at least somewhat in only five languages.

Anyway, more translations of the installer and unique Vector Linux tools would be fantastic.

Again, welcome!

eMachines EL-1300G desktop, 1.6GHz AMD Athlon 2650e CPU, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6150 SE video
VLocity Linux 7.0-rc1

HP Mini 110 netbook, 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU, 2GB RAM, Intel 950 video
VL 7.0 Light
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: