Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: sudoku, checkers, blocks  (Read 939 times)

• Packager
sudoku, checkers, blocks
« on: February 08, 2009, 03:06:37 pm »

I noticed fltk 1.9.1 is in the repository.  There are some nice applications like sudoku, checkers and blocks that are available in the test directory when you build fltk.  However, I didn't notice any of them in the repository.  Could they be added as well?  Would they need to be added as a separate package or in the same one as fltk, since the source code is already part of the fltk source code tarball?

• Packager
  • Vectorian
    • The Linux Works
Re: sudoku, checkers, blocks
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 05:14:00 pm »

I don't think there are any set rules about separate package/same package in a case like this.  Personally I don't like the idea of putting them in the same package because folks who aren't interested in those games would be getting cruft they neither want nor need.  Building them in a separate package sounds like a good idea to me.
eMachines EL-1300G desktop, 1.6GHz AMD Athlon 2650e CPU, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6150 SE video
CentOS 6.5 (will try VL64-7.1 soon)

Toshiba Satellite A135-S4727,  Intel Pentium T2080 / 1.73 GHz, 2GB RAM, Intel GMA 950

HP Mini 110 netbook, 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU, 2GB RAM, Intel 950 video, VL 7.1