VectorLinux
November 23, 2014, 03:53:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Broadcom 4312 Wireless drivers (wl)  (Read 3280 times)
j.a.watson

« on: February 09, 2009, 02:49:59 am »

I am using Vector Linux 6.0 RC4 on an HP 2133 Mini-Note, which has a Broadcom 4312 wireless interface, and a Broadcom 5788 Gigabit wired interface.  I am having trouble with the "wl" drivers for the wireless interface, and have just noticed that while Vector includes version 5.10.27.6 of these drivers, Mandriva (on which the Broadcom wireless works correctly) includes version 5.10.27.12 of these drivers.

Would it be possible to get updated wl drivers for Vector somewhere?

Thanks.

jw
j.a.watson

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 05:03:55 am »

Sorry, I seem to have spoken too soon.  Here are the results of a bit more investigation:

- The problem is not with the "wl" driver, because I switched back to the "b43" driver, and the symptoms are exactly the same.

- After booting, with the wired ethernet connected, if I open the Wicd Manager window, it shows the wired connection active and it lists whatever wireless networks are within range.  If I then unplug the wired network cable, everything in the Network window disappears - both wired and wireless - and nothing I do brings back the list of wireless networks, it simply says "No Wireless Networks Found".

- If I boot without the wired ethernet connected, the Wicd Manager initially shows whatever wireless networks are in range.  But within about 5 minutes, they disappear.

Sorry for the confusion

jw
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: