VectorLinux
July 28, 2014, 08:23:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: vector linux deluxe cd's for 6.0?  (Read 1511 times)
haywire
Vectorian

« on: February 10, 2009, 10:53:37 pm »

I installed 5.9 some time ago and have been having a great time with vector.

I'd like to buy the 6.0 deluxe cd set, does anyone know when this will be available?

Thanks,

Steven
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 03:23:55 am »

Hi,

Development of VL-6.0 Standard is coming along and I would guess that about 6 Months after it's final release you may see Deluxe nearing release. Maybe Vector will chime in here.
in any event VL-6.0 is going to be a good one.

Cheers
dave

Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 06:51:09 am »

Quite probably not too long after VL6 goes final. It is still a release candidate at the moment.

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
haywire
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 08:35:52 pm »

I don't want to wait that long... Smiley
I'm having a problem with my windows pc burning the iso for rc4...

can anyone suggest a freeware windows vista app for doing so?

Steven
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 11:43:11 pm »

Development of VL-6.0 Standard is coming along and I would guess that about 6 Months after it's final release you may see Deluxe nearing release. Maybe Vector will chime in here.

I suspect you're confusing VL6 Standard Deluxe with VL6 SOHO. The Standard Deluxe CD set has come out very shortly after the release of VL Standard Gold in the past and I doubt it will be different this time. I have no inside information, though.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 12:13:53 am »

I don't want to wait that long... Smiley
I'm having a problem with my windows pc burning the iso for rc4...

can anyone suggest a freeware windows vista app for doing so?

Steven

Give Final Burner a Try it works well for me.

Dave
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 12:15:19 am »

I suspect you're confusing VL6 Standard Deluxe with VL6 SOHO. The Standard Deluxe CD set has come out very shortly after the release of VL Standard Gold in the past and I doubt it will be different this time. I have no inside information, though.
--GrannyGeek

your Right Granny I was thinking of SOHO, yes the deluxe 6.0 standard should not be far behind the Gold.
Cheers !
Dave

Dave
haywire
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 04:57:04 pm »

Like I said, I didn't want to wait that long to check out 6.0.

I found imgburn for vista and was able to burn the iso. Tomorrow, I will have some extra time so I will install it to an extra machine of mine. Still, when 6.0 deluxe cds come out I want them, I like them coming on the cds with the multimedia bonux cd.

I hope that milkytracker, renoise and some other newer music applications are included on the new multimedia bonus cd.

When I have time, I'm building a new tower just for vectorlinux. I have been setting aside parts and stuff for a few months.
Have tower, video, hard drives, sound, need motherboard and RAM, lots and lots of ram...

Steven
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 03:58:26 am »

I hope that milkytracker, renoise and some other newer music applications are included on the new multimedia bonus cd.

Steven

Hi Steven,
I Built Milkytracker it should show up in testing repro soon.  as for renoise, it seems to be a propritory package. that is it's not free or open software and thus I doubt it can be built for linux /VL. Sorry.

Dave

Dave
haywire
Vectorian

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 02:43:43 pm »

Dave,

How about adding skaletracker? www.skale.org

I guess I can just download and install renoise, I registered the windows version and I think they let you download the regged linux version free too, though I have not tried...

If you contact the renoise developers, I am sure they would like you to include their linux version on your cd...

From what I understand, the trial version is free for windows/linux and mac.

Steven
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: