VectorLinux
August 30, 2014, 06:10:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VL5.9 Lite slow boot, /lib/udev/cdrom-symlinks.sh "Read-Only Filesystem error"  (Read 885 times)
linuxgeek

« on: February 13, 2009, 07:51:57 am »

(edited to update the "possibly unrelated" information)

I just downloaded VL 5.9 Lite and am running it under Qemu (hosted on an XP computer).

During boot, I get an error that /lib/udev/cdrom-symlinks.sh can't update a file in /etc/ due to a "Read-Only Filesystem".  I'm familiar enough with Linux to know that the root drive is initially mounted as readonly, and then made read-write later.  I presume that the problem is that cdrom-symlinks.sh is attempting to update a file too soon?

I searched the forum and found a post that someone found this in RC2.

Two things that may be unrelated:

*The error message is preceded by another error message saying something about EDD
*The boot seems to "pause" for about 30 seconds to a minute (I haven't timed it) just after this cdrom-symlinks error message. 

Any workarounds? Should this be posted in another area?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 11:36:32 am by linuxgeek » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: