VectorLinux
August 01, 2014, 07:33:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Howdy y'all  (Read 1611 times)
Sty
Packager
Vectorite

« on: February 07, 2009, 10:41:27 pm »

For anyone that still remembers me, haha.

Sorry I've been so direlect in my attendance.  Balancing 15 credit hours of college, 30 hours work, plus volunteer stuff gets tricky!

Special shout out to those I remember best, M0E, M-ake, Masta, EpicFailGuy, and ules.

I hope everyone is doing ok.  I'm still running Vector Linux 6 Beta 1 or something, so I guess that says something for it's stability? haha.

* Enterprise *
Running Vector Linux 5.9 Deluxe
|| Intel Core2Duo E6600 | 4 GB DDR2 RAM | ATi Radeon X1900XT ||
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 01:29:48 am »

Hi there Sty there  Grin

Holy crap I should be the next Dr. Seuss!  I hope you're doing well.  You might want to try the most recent release of VL Standard 6, which is Release Candidate 4.  I'm pretty sure the developers are still trying to squash all the bugs.  There's a link to a review of RC 4 up in "VL Reviews, mentions, etc ..."  Perhaps you might want to give that review a read and then try this release.  I'm using it right now and really love it.

Anyway, regards,
Tom

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 08:07:52 am »

hello again fellow texan. I'm doing just fine. Nice  to read from you again.

rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 07:27:20 pm »

buh shame you didnt remember me Tongue

Just joking, welcome back Sty, see ya in #vectorlinux

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
Sty
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 08:47:04 pm »

Actually, rbistolfi, I did recognize the name! haha  I just wasn't sure I could type it out. hehe

* Enterprise *
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 11:24:32 pm »

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 04:09:08 pm »

Sty!
 Often wondered what was keeping you away for such a long time. Good to hear from you and know that you are ok  Smiley
Sty
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 08:15:47 pm »

Well guys, I'm doing pretty good.

I'll have my associates this fall, may take a couple more courses which will transfer to the university (higher maths) next spring and transfer next fall, haven't decided yet.
Grade wise, college is going awesome, I've kept a 4.0, am on the Presiden't List, am an Honor Student, etc. so universities want to have me! Cheesy

Tom, can't believe I forgot to mention you!  How are you doing?

Masta, I hear congrats are in order, your the head art guy, eh?  You really do a great job!  I love the avatar by the way, also where can I get those case badges I saw pics of?

M0E, how are things?  Keeping as busy as ever?

Hopefully I'll be around more often these days, but no promises!

* Enterprise *
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 11:58:54 pm »

They figured it was simpler to put "Artiste" in the installer name list, rather than "a little here, there, and everywhere"  Cheesy

As for the badges, they will be included in/with the purchase of the Deluxe. I'm not sure if they are available for purchase seperately or not. Stay tuned to the web site for that information, I guess.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: