VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Exaile (music player)  (Read 2298 times)

whorehay

Exaile (music player)
« on: February 22, 2009, 09:42:40 pm »

I'd like to see a package for Exaile.

Exaile is a music manager and player for GTK+ written in Python. It incorporates automatic fetching of album art, handling of large libraries, lyrics fetching, artist/album information via Wikipedia, Last.fm submission support, and optional iPod support via a plugin.  In addition, Exaile also includes a built-in SHOUTcast directory browser, tabbed playlists, blacklisting of tracks and more.

A screenshot:

Their download page:
http://www.exaile.org/files/?C=M;O=D

kc1di

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16
Re: Exaile (music player)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 12:32:39 pm »

I have package exaile and uploaded it to the contrib. It should show up in the Testing Repository soon. watch the package news and updates section. Please test it and let us know how it works for you.
Cheers!
Dave
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 12:34:17 pm by kc1di »
Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608

whorehay

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 02:25:50 pm »

Thank you!

Lyn

• Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 01:44:58 am »

As the original package had some problems has anyone had anyluck building this one again? 

OU812

• Vectorite
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 02:32:13 pm »

The only problems I've ever had with exaile, regardless of the distro, is with the shoutcast plugin. Only the latest exaile shoutcast plugin (4.8?) can browse shoutcast streams. Older plugins will not be able to read the newer format of the shoutcast listings.

john