it appears so difficult for me. I think I will wait till a new installation procedure is ready for 6.0.
In my next life I shall learn to create launchers.
In the meantime I skype with another system.
At the moment, here are your options to have the launcher:
1. Delete whatever skype directory you had. Then download this link:http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/veclinux-5.9/extra/net/skype-18.104.22.168-noarch-1.tlz
Right-click on the file, choose "install package", type your root password, wait... it will take a while, because it is downloading skype from the website.
It will give you icons on the menu, under Network.
OR, if you're using what you downloaded from the skype website:
2. Right-click on any icon on your desktop, select "create laucher", navigate to the skype directory and choose the "skype" file. Press the icon button, select the skype icon in the directory.
It will give you an icon on your desktop.
3. Click Settings > Menu Editor, then "New Entry", go to the right directory, choose the "skype" file to fill in the command. Click icon, choose the icon in the skype directory.
It will give you an icon on your menu.
4. Right-click on the panel / taskbar / system tray / wherever down there, and click "Add new item", then "Launcher", then "Add", then again go to the skype directory and choose the file named "skype". Do the same for the icon file.
This will give you an icon on your panel.
5. Do what stretchedthin wrote above and create a file in /usr/share/applications.
I don't think you have to wait for your next life to learn how to do a couple of clicks.