VectorLinux
July 24, 2014, 04:39:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't change XFCE theme [SOLVED]  (Read 5337 times)
Jerry
Vectorite

« on: February 24, 2009, 12:42:03 pm »

Undecided  dang it I used to know how to do the fix that unsticks the XFCE theme.. I guess I forgot about that little bug.  Too bad it's still around after all this time.   Tongue

Anyway, what is the command line code for that, please?

- Jerry
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 12:34:33 pm by Jerry » Logged
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 02:24:12 pm »

I'm sorry... what?Huh

Menu -> Settings -> Settings Manager

Jerry
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 04:00:46 am »

I'm using the settings manager but no matter the choices I make nothing changes.  This was an issue with XFCE long ago and there was a command line code to unstick it and allow changes in the settings manager;  I've forgotten that code and can't find it.

Meanwhile, I am also trying the LXDE window manager and the small issue there is not being able to get rid of the "my documents" icon on the desktop;  I've looked everywhere and see no setting for that.

I know these are small things compared to real issues like networking or whatever, but it is just annoyances I'd like cleared up.

- can't change the XFCE theme

- can't get rid of the "my documents" icon in LXDE.

rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 07:52:56 am »

Xfce settings are working here. One thing that can generate a problem with that, is the permissions in your ~/.config/xfce4
Check that  your user has permissions to write there.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 08:22:04 am »

either that or remove the ~/.config/xfce4 dir all together.
Xfce will generate a new one the next time you log in

Jerry
Vectorite

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 08:39:48 am »

either that or remove the ~/.config/xfce4 dir all together.
Xfce will generate a new one the next time you log in

That dood it.   Grin

I first renamed it then rebooted. 

I'm thinking it got corrupted somehow or other;  I don't understand those things much.

Now my changes do work and all is well.  I went back to the default window manager (the developers really uncorked a nice looking, fast wm, as they have so many other Vector releases over time).

Thanks very much for responding, I appreciate that.  Try to keep in mind that I'm very, very old, and thus.. senile.  Therefor I'm liable to post about any little problem here.   Cheesy
caitlyn
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 11:14:35 am »

If you have a problem you can't figure out feel free to post.  That's what the forum is for.  No need to apologize at all.  Lots of folks here will be happy to help you.

Please take a moment to go back to your original post and modify the subject to include [SOLVED].  That way volunteers who are doing technical support know they can pass over this thread.

Thanks,
Cait

eMachines EL-1300G desktop, 1.6GHz AMD Athlon 2650e CPU, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6150 SE video
CentOS 6.5 (will try VL64-7.1 soon)

Toshiba Satellite A135-S4727,  Intel Pentium T2080 / 1.73 GHz, 2GB RAM, Intel GMA 950

HP Mini 110 netbook, 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU, 2GB RAM, Intel 950 video, VL 7.1
Jerry
Vectorite

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 12:35:04 pm »

There ya go. 

Thanks again. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: