VectorLinux
April 24, 2014, 09:04:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphics Problem  (Read 909 times)
Packer-14

« on: March 14, 2009, 04:43:30 pm »

Over the past week I have made a few attempts to install Vector Linux 6.0 Gold Standard, every time I was able to install it, but when the graphics interface opened up it resulted four identical images of the sign in page juxtapositioned and overlapping eachother slightly. http://mail.google.com/mail/h/mltr1rmldy9q/?view=att&th=120078c86375d477&attid=0.1&disp=vah&realattid=file0&zw  (There should be an image there, I apologize if it doesn't work.)

I have also tried Vector Linux 5.9 SOHO with the same results, I tried a Live CD of Knoppix and the same thing happened, I tried it on a slightly newer computer and it worked fine, so I am pretty sure it isn't the downloading or burning.

Some additional information: I am using a 10gig Gateway that was originally designed for Windows 98, and it has an Intel Celeron processor.

I'm sure there's a super simple solution to this that I'm missing, but still any assistance would be greatly appreciated, and please don't hesitate to tell me if my post doesn't contain enough information.
Daniel
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 04:46:39 pm »

How old is the monitor? It sounds like the monitor is just really messed up.

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

VL 6.0 SOHO KDE-Classic on 2.3 Ghz Dual-core AMD with 3 Gigs of RAM
Packer-14

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 05:17:49 pm »

I think you're on too something, the monitor is at least 14 years old, but it's more likely that it was made in '91 or 92', that might be where the problem is coming from, I'll try hooking my computer up to a different monitor, thanks a lot for the help.

Edit: I just checked and it was the monitor, thanks for all the help Daniel.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 05:37:47 pm by Packer-14 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: